Q. How can I book a room/apartment at University Mews?
- Complete the Online Application
- Once we receive your application, we will contact you by email to let you know the availability and booking for inspections. If you are applying for share accommodation, there will be questionnaire attached. So we can know more about you in order to find you a housemate.
- After you inspected the unit and pass the background check, you will request to pay a Booking Deposit of $500.
- Please notice that if you decide not to proceed the booking and moving in, the $500 deposit is not refundable.
- Once we receive the payment, we will secure the booking by sending you a confirmation letter which means your apartment or room has been booked successfully.
Q. Does the rent including Car Parking? Are there any extra costs?
A. YES! We are offering undercover secure car parking. However, there are only limited number of space. Please check the availability before you pay for the deposit.
There are extra costs such as WiFi, utilities (Water and Electricity), cleaning and key deposit. The connection fees and usage charges for Internet services, water and electricity are extra. There are telephone lines in the apartment. You can set up the Internet services yourself. Each apartment is separately metered. You can call any electricity company and Yarra Valley Water to set up electricity and water account. We will provide number of keys depends on the number of bedrooms. Any extra copy of keys (including car park key) request $50 key deposit.
Q. I want to rent a room in a two or three bedroom apartment, do I have to find the roommate before I move in? If I don’t have anyone, whom will I be sharing the apartment with?
A. You don’t need to find the roommate before you move in. We will find someone for you! We match up residents through our Interview System that takes into account gender, age, culture, likes & dislikes and other personal issues.
Q. What will I need to bring?
A. You are required to bring bed linen (to fit a double bed), Doona/blankets, bath towels, tea towels and pillows. We can also assist with these items for you on your request.
Q. What if I want to move out before the Lease expires?
A. When you move into University Mews, you sign a Residential Lease Agreement. It’s a legal binding contract that means you have committed to pay rent and other outgoings from the commerce date of the Lease to the end date of the Lease. If you move out, you still have to pay rent until the expire date. Unless you can find someone else to take over the Lease from you and you also have to pay all costs incurred regarding re-letting the room/apartment.
Q. Can I use the Bond to pay my last month rent?
A. No! The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 provides a penalty if the tenant refuses to pay rent on the ground that the tenant intends to regard the Bond as rent.